Deciding what college to attend can be a stressful and daunting task. For some, your first choice is an easy one but for many of you the choice of where to send your deposit and lock in your next 4 years can be overwhelming, especially if you have a lot of offers available. Here are some reasons you should not be choosing what college or university to attend:
Don’t Choose a College or University because:
- Your Mom and/or Dad is making your decision.
- Your boyfriend or girlfriend is going there or goes there.
- Your friends are going there.
- The brochures and website make the school looks amazing.
- Because of its party-hearty reputation.
- A computer college matching program said this was your best choice.
- It’s located in your city or state and you don’t want to consider other locations.
- It’s the one college you and your parents have heard of.
- Just because of its name.
- It has the academic program you’re looking for, so the campus atmosphere doesn’t really matter…big mistake here!
Yes, the final decision can be a hard one and it’s okay if you’re not the person who knows exactly where they want to go. Either way, colleges are what you make of them. Being in the right mindset, being excited, and have a positive feeling about your school (even if it doesn’t have everything you want) is half the battle and will get you off on the right foot. It may be a decision you are making for the next four years but remember that nothing is written in stone and if you really don’t like a school… you can always make a change.